Thursday, June 21, 2012

Comparison-Orly Glowstick and China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Orly Glowstick on the ring and pointer, China Glaze Yellow Polka  Dot Bikini on middle and pinky, sunlight 
My polish friend Esmeralda Pearlfinishish has very different tastes than I do. She loves reds and pinks, and those are the colors I am the least drawn to. She also loves neon colors, and a month ago I would have sworn those aren't my thing. Ah, how tastes change. I don't know if it's all the beautiful nail art or the sunshine or what, but I've been craving neons lately. So much so that when I realized that I did not have a neon yellow in my collection, I made it a point to head to my favorite dealer..uh, supplier to get China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.  Since Esmeralda has Orly Glowstick, I decided to take it and do a comparison with my China Glaze. I'm not much of a neon connaisseur, but it was hard to tell these two neons apart. To my eye, they are dupes and I would avoid one if you already have the other. Join me for some more pics, a few notes on application, and a just for fun image, after the jump!

Orly Glowstick on the ring and pointer, China Glaze Yellow Polka  Dot Bikini on middle and pinky, shade




Fun pic of my nails in comparison to a neon yellow warning sign! 
So I was going to make a quick note, though I'm not sure what exactly you ladies will make of it. I applied both Orly Glowstick and China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini over white. This can help improve the pigmentation in some neons, and it definitely helped in my case. So when I was trying the polishes over my nails, I felt like the application of Orly Glowstick was better. However, when I did a swatch of the 2 over a nail wheel, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini seemed less streaky.

Orly Glowstick on the ring and pointer, China Glaze Yellow Polka  Dot Bikini on middle and pinky, sunlight
Given that Yellow Polka Dot Bikini is from China Glaze's prior summer collection and is not widely available, I think most of you will be picking up Orly Glowstick if you decide you need a neon yellow. However, if you already own YPDB, I don't think you need to get Glowstick.
Orly Glowstick on the ring and pointer, China Glaze Yellow Polka  Dot Bikini on middle and pinky, shade







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this comparison! I've been craving neons lately and I really wanted glowstick but I can't get my hands on it. But I can get China Glaze! This really help!! :)

    ReplyDelete